• Hi Mike,
Just thought i'd let you know that the end plug has arrived - Brilliantly made, thanks so much for an awesome service.
William Paley, London.
• Hi Mike,
I received the end plug and I'm indescribably happy with it, because it fits perfectly. I would also
be happy to contact you in the future, if I need some custom made parts of vintage saxophones.
All the best,
Willi Ester, Philippsburg, Germany.
• Hi Mike,
I received the key guard and am very happy with it. It looks perfect. I appreciate you attention to detail and high quality work. Thanks very much!
Daniel Meltz, Mill Valley, California.
• Hallo Mike, you did a great job with the additional parts for my "King" saxophones, which I'm really in love with. Thomas Hübner made a great job with my Zephyr alto using your parts. Great to know there is a guy like you doing the needed parts for our vintage "Kings"
Markus Steinhauer, Wegberg, Germany
• Hello Mike,
I got the parts this morning! They all fit and look great. I have attached some pictures to show just how great they fit in, they look original!
Great work, I will definitely get back to you if I need anything!
Dominic Dwyer, Victoria, Australia.
• Cuzzin Mike: Got BBb guard ::: q.e.d. every expectation met; and then some. Happy Holidays. Jack Ian Mayer ReTune BIR
• Hi Mike,
your lovely packed parts arrived today! They fit perfect! Thanks again for your support.
Have a nice christmas time and a happy new year!
Perhaps we can contact again some time.....
Regards, Thomas Hübner, Germany.
• Hi Mike,
The key guard went on perfectly and you made just like it should be. ..
and the neck thumb screw too. Thanks.
I don't know why I thought you were in Germany. I was surprised when I saw the package came from England. Oh-well.
Thanks again. You're on my go see great list.
• Hello my friend, already got the guard keys, got very good job congratulations and thanks for everything. Dielton Paulo, Brasilia, Brazil.
• Mike, so satisfied with the quality of your work. Materials and finish of the pants guard are as close to original as you can get. Best of all, it fits perfectly! Regards, Aaron Goldstein, Fort Lauderdale.
• I luckily found Mikes website and he made a clothes guard and tenon ferrule for a 1949 pearled Super 20 I'd just bought. Very pleased with the work as with the cost and time. I have also bought a 63 silver sonic that needed a few things, safe in knowing that Mike could sort out the guards, screws, tenon thumb screw, lock nuts and adjusters.He did just that, the age of the true artist/craftsman has not been drowned in automation !
Alastair Campbell, Pembroke, Wales
• Mike is a nut for King Super 20 horns - and we are all the beneficiaries!! It's so common to buy a vintage horn that lacks some original parts - then you're looking at pics of all-original horns as if they were porn, aren't you? Well, Mike is just the "plastic surgeon" that you need to get your beautiful horn looking the way she was meant to! No need to make your horn a "Franken20" (or its feared cousin, the FrankenZephyr ) because you lack acceptable keyguards, pantsguards, etc. Thanks, Mike, for your passion for Kings and your extreme attention to detail!! I'm steering all my King-owning brethren to you for replacement parts. You're the best!
John Bowes, Chicago, IL USA
• Re: King Super 20 Ocatve Key. Wow! Its here, looks and sounds amazing. Thanks for your craftsmanship. Your workmanship is outstanding and I would not hesitate to recommend you, if only I knew somebody else with a king ! Thanks again, though I must stop saying that,
Very gratefully yours,
• I have a beautiful Super 20 Silversonic alto (381xxx) that I bought a number of years ago when the one and only Boston legend Lester Parker passed away. Lester had been using a rubber stopper from a chemistry set for an end plug. I have looked on EBay here and there but even horns being sold had no end plug. I found Mike's web site a few months ago and he made me one that fits perfectly and is a finishing touch that I've been wanting for years. Beautiful work, great communication, and custom made for a reasonable price. What could be better?! Thanks for doing this niche work for me and all of those King owners out there! Kasey Galligan, Natick, MA
• Mike, It was a pleasure to do business with you and Saxstuff. The end plug that you made for my King Super 20 was perfect, just like the original. I cannot say enough about Mike, Saxstuff and the super service they gave me. The price was fair as was the shipping. I am looking forward to doing business with Saxstuff again in the near future. Please check them out. They are honest and stand by their word and products. If you have a need for any of the things that Saxstuff offers, don't be afraid to try them. Mike is a super craftsman, with the knowledge to help you out with all of your needs. Thank you again Mike. Ron Guenther from North Palm Beach Florida
• Helpful, friendly and efficient service- my parts arrived quickly and the quality is great. Gill Baker Woodwind Repair, Taunton, Somerset
• I bought a Super 20 pants guard and also a rear lower guard from you...Your work is superb,communication and shipping very prompt and you even included the proper screws...Thank you so much...You offer great services...pete fluck(saxmanpete) Bethlehem, PA, USA
• I have purchased custom made aftermarket parts for my King Super 20 tenor saxophones from Mike Barnes/Saxstuff. The parts are expertly crafted an indistinguishable from the originals i.e. superb craftsmanship. Turnaround on orders is expedient. In addition, Mike Barnes is a most pleasant individual to interact with. Taken together, an outstanding service to customers and the saxophone community at large. Steen H. (Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA).
• Mike did a great job on my Super 20 low Eb cup guard. Arrived fast and well packed with great communication. The guard and screws fit my Super 20 tenor saxophone perfectly! He did a great job and will keep him on my list if I ever need fabricated parts again! Jeff Farmer, USA
• I asked Mike to make a replacement keyguard for a Beaugnier Tenor sax, since it is very difficult to source these vintage parts: I have to say that I was amazed at what Mike did with just the measurements and some photos! First class! If you need any part fabricated, please call Mike, he'll save you a lot of time looking for that rare spare part! Thanks Mike! Manlio, UK
• Just received the Super 20 keyguard from Mike. Excellent work, the antique finish fits perfectly with the horn's appearance. Prompt delivery and I would recommend Mike to anyone who are looking for King Super 20 parts.Thanks Jack, Japan
• I bought a King super20 end plug from Mike a few years ago, I'd been looking for years and was using a cut down 35mm film case. Mike provided the perfect solution, I was immediately struck by the quality of the work, it's beautifully made, a perfect fit and the neck is now properly protected. I've had it a few years and, now it's aged nicely, you would think it came with the horn. The service he provided was also excellent and I received the plug within a few days. This is a fantastic service for players of older horns and I highly recommend his work.
Good luck and best wishes, Jim Divers, London
• I just received a bare brass custom triangular pants guard from Mike for my King Zephyr 281xxx.
The craftsmanship is excellent.
I am particularly impressed that the three screws provided. They fit perfectly, with no slop.
It snugs up nicely.
Highly recommended, for anyone looking for custom copies of original guards.
Thank you Mike.
I could not find one used. Mike, Ontario